Why is Firefox continuing to slow and crash constently & why won't the updated Firefox load AOL mail?
Not only is the latest update of Firefox continuing to slow down and crash consistently, but my AOL mail will not load, either. I have to use the basic version. Ever since I updated, I have been crippled. I tried using all the suggestion on your site, but nothing is working.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Google Update
- RetailBenefits NPAPI
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- FreeCorder NPAPI
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.17.0 For more information visit Musicnotes.com
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Control to run Solero Viewer
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Cor-el wrote: "Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall"
Okay.... I'll bite... What is a "plugin-container" and where are the "rules" to be found? I know this is hard to believe, but not everyone came out of the womb clutching a mouse and a keyboard!
I'm using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Perhaps you could give more "idiot" directions for you suggestion. Thanks!
Hello garyd11, see : Configuring Windows Vista Firewall