After a recent update to firefox, the download window is empty though I can access through Internet Explorer. Why
After a recent update to Firefox any downloads that are attempted do not show in the download window. However if I use Windows Explorer they are there and are executable. Is there a fix?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you choose not to reset Firefox, here's one possibility: the use of add-on Video DownloadHelper (see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/ ) . As of this date, many comments indicate this problem when using this add-on.
I just checked, and there's now a fix for Video DownloadHelper ( version 4.9.14). This works for me!