How do I block pop up videos. I have checked the box to block pop ups but I still get the videos.
As soon as I click on my homepage I get a video pop up. I have the box checked to block all pop ups but this still happens. This is annoying. Please reply in English, I am not computer literate. Thank you. In case this matters I have Windows 7.
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
you could try an Add-on like Adblock Plus or NoScript.
Go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons and search for one of these.
But I think you should also check this article:
Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
and scan your computer for malware.
Hope that helped you! Please report back!