how do i fine the bookmarks folder in Time Machine on OS X 10.8.2
hi, i have had to wipe the hard drive on my Mac due to software issues. I forgot to back up my bookmarks in Firefox. how do i find the folder in Time Machine to i can import them again ? There are various threads on the web saying go to user / Library / Application Support / Firefox - but i cannot see or find Firefox at all. any help would be greatly appreciated. thx.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
First, please update to Firefox 19.0, the version of Firefox you are running is extremely out of date. Recovering important data from an old profile can help you find your old profile.
hi there, thank you for your help so far. I still cannot see where in Time Machine the folder is located for my old book marks.
I have now upgraded to the new version of Firefox - called Aurora 2
Make sure that you install the latest Firefox release version and not an unstable nightly build like Aurora.
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
- Firefox 19.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
That folder may be a hidden folder.
Firefox stores the bookmarks and the browser history in places.sqlite and no longer uses an HTML file or creates an HTML backup for the bookmarks.
There are 10 daily rotating JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder within the Firefox profile folder, one for each day that Firefox is started.
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the $HOME/Library folder is a hidden folder.
Open Finder and use one of these:
- Go > Go To Folder (Shift-Command-G) and in the dialog type: ~/Library
- Open the "Go" menu and hold down the Option key to make the Library appear
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html Access hidden user library files
Modified by cor-el
i can now find the folder in my Library.
But i still cannot find the same folder in my hard drive back up on Time Machine.
sorry about this !