Each time I log off I get a dialog window saying nsAppShell:Event Window and program not responding. It will then log off but when I restart my computer it wo
Each time I log off I get a dialog window saying nsAppShell:Event Window and program not responding. It will then log off but when I restart my computer it won't open my browser the first time. I have to log off again and then it will open.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Intel Indeo® video 5.1 PD Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
You can also check for problems caused by extensions and the plugin-container process.
I have this problem, really annoying.
I dont have any add ons, cant open in safe mode and i have tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
Does not solve the problem!
I click on the icon, nothing happens but the little hourglass for a few seconds then it goes. Sometimes (not often) it works fine, but when it wont open i have to restart and end now the nsAppShell every time i log off or restart.
I have been forced to use chrome, but i want my firefox back!
Please help. Im running windows xp.