Mouse pointer flickers when hovering over text
I am having the same problem this person was having but their solution did not work for me: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/949032?esab=a&as=aaq
The mouse pointer flickers between pointer and hand when hovering over hyperlinks.
I'm running OSX 10.8.2, Firefox 18.0.2, Java to Version 7 Update 13. I tried solving the problem by uninstalling Java, turning off Caret Browsing, turning off hardware acceleration in FF but nothing has worked. The problem even happens with Firefox in Safe Mode.
Any help would be appreciated.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Version 126.96.36.19992
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- Picasa plugin.
- Play Joost content in your web-browser
- 3D Life Player Plug-In: Plays Virtools 3D Files in your browser!
- JoostPlugin plug-in
- Shutterfly Upload Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0