Firefox as Default browser opens links from third party apps, but doesn't take focus or flash taskbar
I leave Firefox running all the time in a minimized state, as I always have many tabs open and return to them often.
However, when I set Firefox 18 as my default browser and I open a link from a third party program, such as an email, application, etc., Firefox will open the link silently in a new tab but it will not flash the taskbar icon or take the screen focus to show me that it has indeed loaded the link.
Other browsers do this, so is there a way to make Firefox do the same thing? I am using TabMix Plus extension as well, which may be playing a role.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Tab Mix Plus has a lot of settings.
Did you check the settings for links from external programs in Tab Mix Plus?