Everything was working fine until I ran a free version of MacKeeper a few days ago. Basically, there are certain pages that don't fully load anymore: Facebook will load the basic page, but comments don't appear, I can't check notifications, I can't send/receive messages; several websites only appear as text on blank background, while others (like this one) appear to be normal; certain videos won't play; etc.
I tried re-downloading Firefox, but that didn't fix anything. Safari still works fine on my computer, but I hate using Safari. And I've personalized Firefox so much that I don't want to lose it.
I'm using a Mac OS X, Version 10.5.8 Processor 2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
If there is any help anyone can offer, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.