I am getting the "Problem loading page" error when trying to run gmail. I've tried many of the suggetions, but I have a Mac not a PC and cannot figure it out.
I got a new MacBookPro a couple of weeks ago, and am unable to get Firefox to load GMail. I've tried lots of the suggestions on here, but none seem to work. I have to use Firefox in order to have access to class through Blackboard, but I can't get my e-mail. It is becoming frustrating.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You could of course use Safari your default browser as a quick method of accessing gmail until you figure out the Firefox problem. (More than one browser may be used on a Mac or other computer).
Is this the only site you have problems with ? and does Safari work ok ?
Often this problem requires the page to be reloaded
- try pressing the shift key as you reload the page
Another problem is sometimes the cookies for that site need clearing
- see Delete cookies to remove the information websites have stored on your computer_delete-cookies-for-a-single-site
- see also Firefox and other browsers can't load websites orFirefox can't load websites but other browsers can