Why can I down load and install some programs and not others - such as Malware or ZoneAlarm
Have Windows XP and using IE which do not any longer work - thank goodness for FF - not sure what the problem is -Thanks for any help
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Sounds that you are infected with malware if you can't download malware scanners.
If the malware is preventing to download the files to the computer then you need to do that on another computer and transfer the files to your computer via a USB stick or via other means.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
If using various malware scanners does not fix it or if you are blocked from installing those scanners then ask advice at a forum that specializes in malware removal.
Have finally installed Malware - antispyware - MS security scanner - and no problems - also have used sysbot and sophos - Thanks for your help - I guess it is time for a new computer!!!!