Aleks 'higher ed' -- precalcus -- won't run on Firefox for windows; I want to use Firefox, not Chrome or Explorer per the ALEKS recomendation; what should I do
I tried to join ALECKS. I received a Java warning that Google has not fixed a problem that makes Firefox running on Windows unstable when using a Java version = or > 7.0. I don't want to follow the Alex recommendation to use Chrome or Explorer; using the ALECKS path to install a 6.x version of Java didn't work for me. I want to use Firefox as my only browser. If that is not possible re: ALECKS, I will use the Khan Academy in lieu of ALECKS.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- LiveMath Plugin Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
My mistake. I meant equal to or less than 7.0.
check your plugins
Solved. Thank you.