Lenovo Trackpoint scroll
The Lenovo trackpoint scroll function (middle button + moving trackpoint) doesn't work in Firefox 18.0.2. Various suggested remedies found here and on other forums were fruitless. I've installed the latest driver, changed the entries in my tp4table.dat and tp4scroll.dat files, and fiddled around with the value for ui.trackpoint_hack.enabled, everything to no avail.
I'm at the end of my tether. Help would be very much appreciated.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Could you try disabling graphics hardware acceleration? Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.). Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you for the prompt reply, iamjayakumars. Still no joy, I'm afraid.
Restart your windows, boot in safe mode and check it.
Did you check the setting in the Logitech mouse driver to make sure that the settings for the scroll wheel have the default value?
iamjayakumars, trackpoint scroll doesn't work in safe mode either. It does in other applications, but not in Firefox.
cor-el, not sure what you mean. I'm not using a Logitech mouse or drivers. I've added the following lines to all the tp4*.dat files I could find on C:\
; Mozilla Firefox *,*,firefox.exe,*,*,*,WheelStd,0,9 *,*,firefox.exe,*,*,MozillaWindowClass,WheelStd,0,9 *,*,firefox.exe,*,*,MozillaDropShadowWindowClass,WheelStd,0,9 *,*,firefox.exe,*,*,MozillaUIWindowClass,WheelStd,0,9 *,*,firefox.exe,*,*,*,WheelVkey,0,9
(The text bullets in the five lines above were meant to be asterisks as well. Somehow my post was automatically turned into a list.)
Modified by cor-el
I've bought a new Lenovo Thinkpad keyboard with track-point and also have the problem with scrolling in firefox when using middle button and track-point. In all other programs there is no such kind of issue, please help!
I just found something interesting. When I move the mouse pointer over a Flash plug-in, e.g. a video on Youtube, the Trackpoint scroll suddenly works again.