I am using my domain name "parente-ca.org" administered by google. I signed on as "email@example.com". I attempted to sign off. It starts to go through the motions and then cycles and signs me back into "firstname.lastname@example.org". I have been on current release of Firefox for some time. I have never had this happen until today.
The only way I can get out of this is if I go into options, privacy and "clear current history". Although this works I've never had to do it before and it is annoying to have to start doing it now.
Why is this happening?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you for the suggestion.
I did as you suggested and tested this out. I still am having trouble signing out of google mail.
I did further investigation and tried this on both Internet Explorer 9 and Google Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m and it is happening also with both of them. That would indicate it may not be a problem exclusively with firefox.
For precaution purposes I am running my antivirus program as I am writing this and will then run Spybot and Malwarebytes to see if I have some sort of spyware, malware or virus. I will update this thread once I've run all of these.
This is very frustrating as everything was fine with it yesterday.
Ok. Avira, Spybot, and Malwarebytes all completed and found no virus or maleware implanted in my computer.
Now I am really stumped.
I appreciate any thoughts on what this could be.
Thank you in advance.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
Thank you for your suggestions.
I went ahead and did a "clear now".
I went ahead and removed the cookies.
After this I attempted to sign off, it worked. I signed back in and signed off another 3 times and it seems that full functionality has been restored.
Well done! Thank you very much for your suggestions and help.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.