Instead of the outlook page opening up it goes directly to a window telling me to update the browser, either Firefox or Explorer. This happens every time I try opening up outlook. It did not happen when I was using Hotmail. I am using Windows Vista.
I appreciate help and thank you in advance.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Then read Update Firefox to the latest version to ensure you are on Firefox 18.0.2
You will find this helpful -
Thank you so much both for your replies. Unfortunatelu since I am not very skilled in the world of computer, I think the way to fix this problem takes more skills than I have. Instead I decided to use explorer as my browser, and here I have no problem.
Thanks for taking the time.
May your Firefox not updated fully... Try with clean reinstall
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
You have a user agent that has been corrupted by Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB) and that identifies you as Firefox/3.6.17
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; da; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) ;ShopperReports FBSMTWB
You can reset the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page.
Type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key to open the about:config page, just like you open a website by typing the URL in the location bar.
If you see a warning message then you can confirm that you want to access the about:config page.
Do a search for general.useragent via the Search bar at the top of the about:config page.
Reset all general.useragent related prefs that appear bold (user set) via the right-click context menu to their default values.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you all so much for all of your thorough replies. I decided to reset my firefox and that solved my problem. I am happy :0)