In English: The Address bar doesn't work anymore. I fill in a website that I've visited before and I hit enter but it doesn't work. I already tried the 'go to' button but it still doesn't do anything. It doesn't say the page is loading, it just doesn't seemingly do anything. I tried putting http//:www in front of it, just www., and typing the site with the name and the extension. It doesn't happen to just one site, there are a couple that actually do it. I have to google search for it and then click the website. Through this I get to exactly the same website I wanted to go. The latest thing I did with my FF browser was putting some bookmarks in a new folder. I don't see how that could be related though...
I use adblocker but when I disable it and try again the same problem occurs. Two of the sites I have it on are http://pinataisland.info/viva/Main_Page and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page. The sites load when they are in the favorite screen and I click on them. But when I put the exact same address in the address bar, it doesn't do anything.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!