When I try to open a new address in a new tab it takes 20-30 seconds (or more) to load and open. Windows 7 premium. Firefox Mozilla (most recent,18).
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Please make sure you have version 18.0.2 and that you have tried clearing cache and cookies.
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for the rapid assistance. Unfortunately clearing the cache and cookies (again) didn't solve the problem. I should say that some addresses open in a new tab without the delay...........however others take longer than I have ever experienced. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
After performing all the test above to determine if one or mor could offer the solution to this problem I have met with no success.
- ( very disappointing.
I am using Advanced System Care Pro 6.1, which offers multiple options for system care +. I have contacted them with this problem also, asto date they have not completed there research pertaining to my quiry. Do you think there may be a related issue here?