how do I import passwords from chrome
I have Chrome and want to go back to Firefox but how can I import my saved passwords?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Bluebeam PDF Plug-In for Firefox and Netscape
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- Autodesk Design Review Add-on for NPAPI browsers v1.2
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- PLATINUM technology, inc. Plug-in for viewing 3D worlds authored in VRML
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
As far as I know, there's no possibility of doing this automatically, yet. There's a group working on it.
You can migrate them manually...but I guess that's quite a lot of work.
Sorry for not being more helpful. Ibai
There's some info here:
That article indicates that Firefox has an automatic importer since version 11, but I think that only runs the very first time you launch Firefox. Those steps should work - I just tried with the newest versions of Firefox and Chrome installed, and it let me import Chrome data.
This is still a work in progress:
- bug 589589 - Chrome profile migration for Import Wizard and Migration Assistant - passwords, form data, and settings
(please do not comment in bug reports: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html; you can vote instead to show your interest)