Tried all steps but whitesmoke won't go away even when deleted. OE not conrtaminated so will delete FF. Suggestions?
whitesmoke downloaded without prompt and took control of my Firefox. Tried all the procedures and appeared to have disabled and then deleted it, rebooted and reinstalled FF but it is still there!! It did not affect OE so unless I can get rid of my FF contamination its no more FF for me. Any suggestions to save FF? Tom
I went to Tools, then to Add-ons, then to WhiteSomke and clicked on Remove. That worked for me.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Unfortunately Whitesmoke is pretty nasty. Try to Reset firefox Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings, it's usually successful at removing it
I went to Tools, then to Add-ons, then to WhiteSomke and clicked on Remove. That worked for me.
That worked. Tom