What can be done about FireFox repeatedly "Not Responding"? i'd give more detail but don't get an error message.
I think it's something to do with Flash or java as it happens almost every time i go to stltoday.com or a tv news website. I'm up to date on Firefox and everything else, I believe.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- iLinc111 Install Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thanks! I'll give that a try.
That seems to have helped somewhat but has not alleviated the problem. Going to this page- http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/spying-eyes-or-a-bit-of-fun-drones-fly-off-the-shelves-20130216-2ek6s.html -caused Firefox to "not respond" for about a minute. The audio from the video that started automatically could be heard but i could not stop the video or leave the page until FireFox started responding. I didn't have a problem with it using IE. TIA!