I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android 4.0.4 & a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1.1 and no desktop or laptop computer to create a sync profile on. How can I sync my Firefox browsers between these devices?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
There isn't an official way to do this.
Here's a hack which could work but I've never tried it and it's difficult to do:
- Borrow a desktop or laptop with Firefox
- Create a new profile
- Set up a sync account
- Write down your username, password and recovery key <- super important. See, Where can I find my Recovery Key?
- Delete that profile you just created on the borrowed computer.
- On one of your Android devices, set up sync and tap the "Advanced Setup" link
- Enter your username, password and recovery key
- Repeat the last two steps on the other Android device.
Verdi's process should work.
Fundamentally, the problem is that a computer is needed to complete the set-up. This is defined by the design of the feature.
The other option is to pair the 2 devices against a temporary computer, and then delete the profile from the borrowed computer.
If you want to learn how to create and delete profiles, check this article:
I hope it helps. Ibai
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.