I am operating on XP. I no longer have the menu bar headings: file, edit, view, history, tools, and help displayed at the top of the page. I have "toggled" the tool bar but nothing appears. I have tried to query the knowledge base to no avail. Can anyone help?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello Bfuddled49, when you said "toggled" the tool bar you mean this : Hidden menu bar ?
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in full screen mode (press F11 or Fn + F11 to toggle; Mac: command+Shift+F).
Make sure that toolbars like the Menu bar and Navigation Toolbar and Bookmarks Toolbar are visible:
- Firefox > Options
- "View > Toolbars" (press F10 to display a hidden menu bar)
It is a while since I used XP. It will display the Firefox button but is designed to operate best with the standard menu bar from what I remember.
- see Display the Firefox button menu instead of the menu toolbar_ive-tried-it-and-i-want-to-go-back
- you should automatically get the xp version https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/display-firefox-button-menu-instead-menu-toolbar#os=winxp&browser=fx20
You should also be able to see the menubar toolbar even if the Firefox button is present by holding down the Alt key, does that happen ?
If you are unable to get the menu to appear you may need to reset the controls for the menubars, either use the firefox reset (that will get rid of any extensions you have),or just delete the localstore.rdf, that just rsets customisations and is the better option,even if not quite as simple to do.
- Reset Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems
(Read the warnings in the article before using this)
Thanks to all who replied. I am back in business. TKU!
Tks - back in business!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.