I am trying to delete history and it says that I should click on the fox in the upper left corner? I have no fox and also, the whole page seems different than the one you show...why?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
WinXP versions of Firefox don't have the Firefox button like with Windows Vista and WIn7, because with XP the default is to show the Menu Bar. The Firefox button appears when the Menu Bar is not being shown.
Right-click a blank spot on the Menu Bar (to the right of Help), and de-select Menu Bar by clicking on that contextual menu item.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.