Cant start Firefox, profile missing or inaccessible error
Ubuntu 12.10. Error occured after OS restore. I can run firefox with sudo firefox, but when i run it from unity panel I see the error message.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The Totem 3.4.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try to delete the profiles.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile.
Can't you launch the Profile Manager by adding a space and the -P switch to the command line?
See "Creating a profile":