Can only get to web site conectpro.com using Safari. Why?
I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.8.2, Firefox 18.0.2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Its working fine in Firefox.
Check your Firewall connection.
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
In safe mode Firefox does connect to the website Conectpro.com. I have used three other browsers, plus Safari to connect to this site, and Firefox is the only one with the problem. Firefox connects me directly into the google search engine, or yahoo, or amazon, or, or, or ... I think you see the pattern. It is not that it blows up, but that it does not resolve the address as a URL, but as a web question for bing, or google, or yahoo, et. al. and forks the string to their search engines instead of making the web connection. If I run the HTTP://www.conectpro.com address from http://pagewash.com it connects without flaw from within Firefox as Firefox never sees the URL string. I shut down my fire walls and the results never changed. I changed modems, routers, computers, you name it ... the only variable now is Firefox. But thanks for trying ....