when I type key words and click search it does not open
When I type keywords in search, it does not open. Browser bar has go to website.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, i'm not entirely sure if i understand the issue correctly, but you could try to install the search reset addon (&do a restart of the browser afterwards) - it will revert the most common search related settings in firefox back to their defaults: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
Where are you searching?
- searching via the location bar (pref: keyword.URL)
- search bar on the Navigation Toolbar
- search bar on the about:home page (pref: browser.search.defaultenginename)
- other search bar (e.g. added by extension)
Home page Mozilla search bar. Browser does not change to the URL. It show only 'go to website'
Mozilla FF search bar on home page. Does not open when enter is clicked. Browser address bar does not show any URL. Has 'go to website'
ok, in this case please try the searchreset addon & a restart of the browser as explained in my first answer.
Thank you but I clicked the addon but I am not sure how to restart browser. I typed in the search bar on the homepage - nothing opened and the browser had about home in the address.