My browser.newtab.url = about:blank was set correctly. I still get a search page for Bing referring to "express files". I specifically uninstalled the express files application, but the page still reappears on a new page. I also checked add-ons in firefox but nothing there
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?
Thanks for info. How do I start firefox in safe mood?
i stert firefos
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
If it works in Firefox Safe-mode then disable all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Solution worked as stated. Prob went away in safe mode. I re-enabled my addons individually and none caused the problem. My guess is that some rogue code started an addon I didn't request and disabling them all got rid of it. Thanks for the great help.