My browser.newtab.url = about:blank was set correctly. I still get a search page for Bing referring to "express files". I specifically uninstalled the express files application, but the page still reappears on a new page. I also checked add-ons in firefox but nothing there
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?
Thanks for info. How do I start firefox in safe mood?
i stert firefos
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
If it works in Firefox Safe-mode then disable all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Solution worked as stated. Prob went away in safe mode. I re-enabled my addons individually and none caused the problem. My guess is that some rogue code started an addon I didn't request and disabling them all got rid of it. Thanks for the great help.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.