If I save the file instead of open it, the file saves correctly (ie: without the added txt extension). If I attempt to open instead of save, the txt is added, resulting in the file opening as a text file instead of an eml file.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Try to delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox Profile Folder to reset all file actions.
Thanx for the suggestions guys, but neither of the above worked. I've thinking that it may have something to do with the MIME type of the attachment I'm attempting to open being improperly declared. If that's the case, then the issue lies not with firefox but with the system generating the attachement.
Does that make sense?
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.