I cant seem to put a bookmarked page where I want to in my folders since firefox bookmarks it at the bottom of all my bookmarked folders instead of bringing up the small box and letting me choose the folders I want to put it in....this just started last nite 2-12-13 and I have not downloaded anything thing , like new software or anything this week....plz help
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Are you able to confirm is this something that has worked ok previously for you.
Back up your bookmarks, and I suggest it is also worth making a backup of your full profile.
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
- Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer_backup-and-restore
The problem could be with the bookmarks database places.sqlite or with the controls.
- See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf#Manual_method
- and Changes to toolbars and window sizes are not saved
If you are confident with making changes method 1 is best. It will destroy any customisations that you have but that should not cause you too many problems. The second method is simpler, but also removes your extensions and some other information (read the article).
It is probably worth trying the above first. The other thing to try is recreating the bookmarks database.
This involves renaming the file places.sqlite, unfortunately you will loose all your history. Firefox does not backup History, and if you have no specific backup you have made previously all your history will be lost.
I took the easy way out by setting firefox to default settings and that fixed it...plus it backedup all my bookmarks.....but then I lost the url address box when I try to customized it so I set it back to default settings again and now it's working fine....thx for the reply:)
Gad it is fixed, thanks for posting back.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.