Question the websites come up without an address bar, how do I reinstate the address bar?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
What happens if you try to press Ctrl-L (for "Location")?
You can also try to drag the window back into the tab bar of the main window.
(That would be Command + L on Mac)
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- "View > Toolbars" (press F10 to display a hidden menu bar)
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Check that "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
I have the problem solved since I posted the question. The solution was simple: I went to view, then toolbars and I saw the navigation toolbar had been turned off by another person using my computer. I turned it back on and all was well.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.