Question the websites come up without an address bar, how do I reinstate the address bar?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
What happens if you try to press Ctrl-L (for "Location")?
You can also try to drag the window back into the tab bar of the main window.
(That would be Command + L on Mac)
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- "View > Toolbars" (press F10 to display a hidden menu bar)
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Check that "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
I have the problem solved since I posted the question. The solution was simple: I went to view, then toolbars and I saw the navigation toolbar had been turned off by another person using my computer. I turned it back on and all was well.