lots of white space
The websites are very basic, with lots of white space.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Compared to other browsers or in general?
You could try to start firefoix with a new profile to check if a tweak/setting is the cause. Run firefox.exe from commandline as follows
firefox -P --no-remote
There create a new profile and start this.
Don't forget to untick "Don't ask on next startup..." to be able to swtich back to your current FF profile.
Modified by frucade
Since so many people seem to have problems with the newest "Stable" Firefox Builds... perhaps you should try out the "experimental alpha build" Aurora :)
Just make before a backup of your profile folder.
Seems in that Version 20 the devs have made a much more stable and faster browser as V18 at the time is able to deliver.
Very recommended and worth a try :)
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Accessibility settings and that you allow pages to choose their colors in Firefox.
- Apple menu, choose System Preferences -> Click Universal Access -> Seeing
- Firefox > Preferences > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"