It seems every time I open Firefox it creates .wmv files on my desktop. They have zero bytes and nothing in them. Error message in console: invalid drawable. This has been happening for the last couple of weeks at least.
This is driving me mad having to delete these all the time - what's causing this or what can I do to get rid of it?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Sounds strange. Could be malware.
- Try some virus checker
- Try working with a new Profile. Therefore run firefox.exe on commandline as "firefox.exe -P --no-remote" to create and use a new profile. Don't forget to untick the "Dont ask next time" in that dialog.
@frucade: please check which Operating System the poster is using. In this case it is Mac, so directions for Windows do not apply.
Check the home page setting in case you have set a download page as one of the home pages.
- Firefox > Preferences > General > Startup: Home page
You can try to delete some files in the Firefox Profile Folder like the downloads.sqlite file in case you have a pending download.
Try to delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Thanks Cor-el - I tried deleting those files to no avail, so went to the trouble-shooting area and it ended up being one of my add-ons causing it - video download manager. All sorted now, thanks for your help.
I had the problem too. Thanks. I disabled "Download Youtube Videos" and the problem went away. I don't think the program worked, anyway.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.