I tried to download Firefox on my new Asus, and my Titanium Anti Virus program said it was unsafe; what's up with that?
I just purchased and Asus laptop, using Windows 8. I tried to download Firefox, and was warned (by Titanium) of all types of viruses, etc. etc.. I therefore deleted everything . What is this all about? I have been using Firefox on this computer for some time now and have not encountered any problems.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Zylom Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Download from the Mozilla official website. www.mozilla.org
Are you telling me to download Firefox from the Mozilla official website? That is what I did!
This may be a false positive.
Did you check the support forum for your software to see if this has been reported by others?