Cannot change langauage in Firefox
It seems impossible to change the language to English I am searching in Google and it is set to Romanian In my account it is set to English
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Version 184.108.40.20692
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Nexus Plugin, providing authentication and signing features
- Net iD Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, try to clear the cache & cookies from google.com and reload the page. google might also try to detect your location & language based on your ip address - there's not much a browser can do about that...
Did you check the settings in Google to get the international Google.com site (possible link at bottom right) and have the interface in English?
You can check the order of the installed Languages.
- Firefox > Preferences > Content > Languages
This is what I tried:
1) Tools (menu) ClearRecentHIstory etc - deleted everything there
2) Preferences Advanced - Clear Cache !
3) Preferences Content - Languages etc
4) Closed FF and reopened.
And nothing helps. Google Search is still Romanian It is Google Search that creates the problem Use FF 18.0.2 for MAC But now will use Safari. It seems less complex
Modified by minkowski