Why I can't update pluggins that firefox suggests they should be updated when i press the update button next to them?
I have tried to update the RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In (32-bit) and the RealNetworks(tm) Chrome Background Extension Plug-In (32-bit) as is was suggested but when I press the button next to them nothing happens. Have tried that a few times...still nothing happens.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
you can visit this page:
Mozilla's Plugins Check and Updates
and check your plugins.
This is not working?
As I said I have tried that..i press the button to do the update and nothing happens!
Same here and researched web-contuing research. If you hit the update plug-in button, it acts as if you did not hit. Screen flickers and stays on same plug-in update check page
I found a related bug : Bug 887245 - Plugincheck should not link to itself on the "update now" button