New items in the Add-on Bar
Suddenly a series appeared in the add-on bar: JS, J, F,SL, C ,I, A, CS and I don't know where they came from. What's going on? My other computer doesn't have them.
I am using FF version 18.0.2
That was added by this extension.
Uninstall or disable that extension.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2067
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.116
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Its may be a malware.
uninstall unwanted addons
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I have tried several time to reply to your email with more info but it never gets to you. Here's what I sent: Subject: Re: iamjayakumars posted an answer to your question "New items in the Add-on Bar"
Well, I ran two Anti-virus programs (Super Anti-Spyware & NOD32) on all files on drive C: and found only one Trojan which was removed. Also ran your RootKit program - nothing found. No change to FireFox. Here's what my Add-On Bar looks like:
(see uploaded image.)
Now that I think about it, I think these may have appeared about the time I installed ReminderFox, but I'm not sure.
I have looked at all the Extensions and Plugins but none look like they might relate to this.
One other thing I notice different about my FF - on my wife's and my other computer the tabs have a small box on the right to click for a new tab. But that has been missing on my computer for a long time. Not a problem - Ctrl+T works fine. Once I removed FF but did not kill all the user stuff so reinstalling did not correct the situation.
I am looking forward to your evaluation.
Modified by Trump_Bradley
Why have you not replied to my Feb. 21 message? Or have you not read it?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
That was added by this extension.
Uninstall or disable that extension.
Interesting,I don't recall installing Quick Java. Did it arrive with Reminder Fox? Anyway, I have found it useful - particularly to block cookies when some site wants to dump a bunch on me.
Thanks for the help.