I am having a terrible time with Firefox crashing. Every time I try to use it, it gives me a message that says it isn't responding!
The first question I asked sums it up. Every time I try to use firefox other than for Facebook, it crashes. This is very maddening. Internet Explorer doesn't work at all on my computer and neither does Google Chrome. Firefox was a life saver until recently. Can you help me?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
have you any error messages appeared? This article might be of interest regarding your problem:
Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes
Have a look and report back if you have any problem!
Internet explorer should be installed by default and should work, even if it is old.
Is your computer itself (the Windows XP Operating System) and other programs crashing, not just Firefox ?
You may need to check you Hard Disk drive is ok, and what amount of space has it in GB and as %