18.0.2 on Debian cannot manually reoganize the bookmarks within the listing
Debian 6.0.6 with 2.6.32-5 Click, drag, drop, is unresponsive
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make use of Firefox Addons to Sort/Organize your Bookmark
I guess the Library should sort. I use Ubuntu rather than Debian but on both Ubuntu/Canonical and Mozilla Firefox versions the bookmarks within the library do drag and drop etc.
I suggest that first of all you back up your bookmarks, and also make a copy of the database file places.sqlite then see if anything can be done to address the problem
- install & run the add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
- if that did not work, export bookmarks and reimport them, a long shot but it could work
- if that fails, delete the places.sqlite WARNING you will loose a days bookmarks, and all your History (You do have the backup though that you could re-install or run in another profile). http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite