I still get a script error even tho I have tried all the solutions and It's on more than one site, plus firefox is running very slow?
I started having this problem just yesterday. I tried reinstalling firefox, and all the solutions listed, none worked and it's also running very slow. Help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2067
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Bing Bar
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Paste the error message or a screen shot of it please.
What do you mean by running slow ? When does this happen is it only on certain sites ?
Have you tried speedtests on your internet connection,could that be part of the problem ?
You have Windows so will have Internet Explorer installed I imagine, how does that compare ?
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.