Can Internet Explorer 9 (medium security) log my Firefox browsing history (Private browsing)
If I am logged into an account in IE 9 (medium security) and I subsequently log into Firefox (private browsing) can cookies on IE 9 log my Firefox browsing history?
Thank you for looking at this.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
No, IE doesn't track Firefox's browsing history. Private Browsing can still be tracked by content filters on your computer, your ISP, etc.
Note that plugins can still create cookies on your computer and MS plugins like the Windows Media Player and Silverlight use the IE cookies and IE temporary internet folder.
I don't know if the WMP and Silverlight plugin obeys the Firefox Private Browsing mode and keeps all data in memory (I'm on Linux).