How do I eliminate mysearch.com tab that was added by mistake?
I downloaded Open Freely and before I had realized it I said yes to adding yahoo toolbar. I have been able to eliminate the tool bar, but an extra tab has been added to Mozilla: mysearch.com. I want to eliminate that tab, but I can't. How can I?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello jross, please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there.
afterwards you could also install the search reset addon - it will revert the most common customizations those adware programs do in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/