I cannot update my Firefox as the new version does not support Norton Contant Guard which I need for security
If I update to the newer Firefox I would lose my virus protection which is Norton Constant Guard. Cannot you make this compatible? Thank you, Gwynne Rattenbury
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Norton is now compatible with Firefox 18 and has been since it was released. http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Firefox-18-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/886718
Please note that all firefox interacts with is norton toolbar, which does nothing to improve your security. Your anti-virus will still protect you no matter what browser you use. Update to firefox 18.0.2 immediately, then run norton live update.