My new tabs open as new windows, I cannot get my browser to tab
I have installed and uninstalled firefox twice. I cannot get the browser to have tabs. It opens tabs as a new window.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hi! Go to Edit-->Preferences-->Tab And check "Open in a new tab insthead"
If you can see the MenuBar for "Edit", right click on Menu area and select "Menu toolbar" .
But There is no preferences option under edit (or anything else) in the menu bar, on my browser.
its driving me nuts!
Modified by skyekellerman
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
The edit menu is different for every OS:
- Windows: Tools -> Options...
- Linux: Edit -> Preferences
- MacOS: Firefox -> Preferences...