Hi All, I am here for two reasons: Firstly, to tell everyone that my Firefox is freezing due to some issue with spoolsv.exe and when I reset spoolsv.exe (from command prompt: "net stop spooler" - then "net start spooler") all is OK again; in the hope this will help someone else as "Freezing" appears to be an issue with a lot of people... Secondly, does anyone know what this issue is and how to solve this?
Some months ago I loaded the wrong printer driver into my computer and spoolsv.exe became unstable. I cleared all printer drivers, replaced the spoolsc.exe file from a backup and deleted the appropriate keys in the registry. This mostly solved the issue. Every once in about a fortnight, spoolsv.exe crashes out with an error but re-starts with no issues. So I know there is something glitchy about but this doesn't cause issue with other programs. I am running Windowes XP sp3 with the latest Firefox and updates.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Thank you for the reply Iamjayakumars, Unfortunately I have tried the process suggested in the link before posting this request and went the extra step of clearing the registry keys as I described. This issue only manifests with firefox. Is there any other information I can give to helps solve this issue?
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.