Hi All, I am here for two reasons: Firstly, to tell everyone that my Firefox is freezing due to some issue with spoolsv.exe and when I reset spoolsv.exe (from command prompt: "net stop spooler" - then "net start spooler") all is OK again; in the hope this will help someone else as "Freezing" appears to be an issue with a lot of people... Secondly, does anyone know what this issue is and how to solve this?
Some months ago I loaded the wrong printer driver into my computer and spoolsv.exe became unstable. I cleared all printer drivers, replaced the spoolsc.exe file from a backup and deleted the appropriate keys in the registry. This mostly solved the issue. Every once in about a fortnight, spoolsv.exe crashes out with an error but re-starts with no issues. So I know there is something glitchy about but this doesn't cause issue with other programs. I am running Windowes XP sp3 with the latest Firefox and updates.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Thank you for the reply Iamjayakumars, Unfortunately I have tried the process suggested in the link before posting this request and went the extra step of clearing the registry keys as I described. This issue only manifests with firefox. Is there any other information I can give to helps solve this issue?