since installing Firefox, my number pad on my laptop & my Cannon printer don't work
Acer aspire5742 G using Window 7 Cannon printer MX880 series - whether in wifi mode or plugged in to pc get message printer off line. All plug in properly new cartridges put in properly but cartridge lights are shining. Thanks Roseskick
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Hi, have done the safe mode - no change. Rgds. Roseskick
hello, firefox doesn't touch any of your hardware settings during installation - this is probably mere coincidence that this problem is appearing at the same time. please contact canon's support to sort out the issues with their printer. & you can likely turn the number pad back on by pressing the num-lock key...
Hi, Have tried pressing the num-lock key. Will try contacting cannon regards Printer.