How do I block pop up websites?
Those are just a few of the pages that keep opening. My pop-up blocker is fully functioning and yet these pages keep showing up. I don't like it. Usually something like this is a tall tale sign of a computer hacker or some one trying to send a computer virus over the web. I'm constantly in a immediate clicking habit closing the pages before they can load. But it's getting out of hand now. Every 20 to 30 seconds I have to close these windows just so I can read and study my online courses. It always starts with trying to scroll up an down a page. As if it were triggered by it. Then it's automatically triggered each time I click on something. Then it worsens even more. Please help me out with this. It gets to a point that can't even use my mouse in fear of triggering them to open again. I have a hard time using my key board to navigate, so any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
I wish to block these pages completely so I can be able to browse and search through the internet in peace.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.