Since the latest up date ,I have been getting numerous popup ads with no way to close them. How do you remove them now?
After an automatic update numerous floating adds have appeared and migrate to other web pages that I go to. I can find no way to either close them out or stop them from appearing. Before when you right clicked on the add an x close button would appear and you could close the add. Now nothing. How do you either stop them or close them once they appear?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, this may be a problem possibly caused by adware/malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.
I use both avira and spybot and run them regularly for malware and they seem to be working well. I thank you for your help and will try removing the extensions like you suggested. I only have the original fire fox tool bar on my browser. Thanks again.