Why does "Opening Firefox 18.0.1.dmg" keeps coming up (trying to download the .dmg file) everytime I open a new firefox window?
I just downloaded the new firefox and this continues to happen over and over and over again.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Coupons Inc Mac Safari Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that you haven't set the home page or new tab page to a page that downloads that DMG file.
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
Make sure that Firefox gets installed properly.
Open the Firefox disk image (DMG) file and drag the Firefox program to the application folder on your hard drive.
You shouldn't double-click the Firefox application to run it from the disk image, but drag it out of the DMG folder instead.
Modified by cor-el