Firefox 15 not automatically restoring previous sessions
Just as the subject implies, I'm having issues with the new Firefox.
Used to, whenever my Firefox would unexpectedly crash or I'd close it in the Start Task Manager and I re-started Firefox, I would be prompted by the screen that says "Whoops, this is embarrassing, restore previous session?" or something along those lines. I'd restore my session, and everything would be fine.
But the past week or so, whenever my Firefox has crashed or gotten closed and I restart it, my previous session does not restart. At that point I can go to History and click Restore Previous Session, but it doesn't bring back everything that I had opened. It's like it doesn't keep anything. Needless to say, this is frustrating, because it's never done this to me before. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
For the record, I have gone into Tools and told it to show my tabs and windows from last time selected, and I also have it set to remembering my history. Is there anything that I can do to fix this issue?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1997
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Browsing History"
- Tools > Options > Privacy: History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.