Or more so, how can I debug this with firebug?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- IBM GLOBAL PRINT PLUGIN VER 4.1
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I should add that this only happens with Firefox. The problem does not occur opening a new tab using Chrome or Opera.
To avoid confusion:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
A good place to ask advice about web development is at the MozillaZine "Web Development/Standards Evangelism" forum.
The helpers at that forum are more knowledgeable about web development issues.
You need to register at the MozillaZine forum site in order to post at that forum.
Is your website built and publicly accessible if so please post a link so that others may look at the problem. (Consider a cut down public demo ? or limited access with public login and no password)
You will need to know is is it just your Firefox that has problems or will others have problems too.
This site is not the best place for development help, so if the problem does relate to your site try somewhere like Mozillazine