My firefox seems to be based in England, not the US. Corrections?
The opening screen says BBC at the top
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Simple Browser plug-in that launchs CaddieSync for Mac
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Please create a screenshot of the problem you're seeing by following the guide mentioned at How do I create a screenshot of my problem?.
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
This shows up when I press the "Latest Headlines" header on the task bar
You can use another website for your latest headlines if you do not want the BBC headlines.
Just visit your favorite news site and see if it offers an RSS feed and subscribe to that feed.